CÂȘTIGĂTORI BURSE 2020
- Anamaria-M Isaia – Stamford School
- Iris Marian – Reddam House
- Dimitri-Bogdan Popa – Sherborne School
- Oana-Georgiana Voicu – King William’s College IoM
- Beatrice Elene Gearba – Tettenhall College
HMC – Projects in Central and Eastern Europe oferă elevilor oportunitatea de a petrece al treilea și al patrulea an de liceu (clasa a XI-a și a XII-a) într-o școala indepedentă din Marea Britanie, printr-o bursă pentru 2 ani care acoperă taxa școlară anuală, cazarea și cheltuielile de masă.
Burse Academice pentru Elevi de LiceuDescriere program BURSE HMC
DATA LIMITA DE INSCRIERE ESTE 21 IANUARIE 2021
Înscrierile pentru o nouă ediție a programului au fost deschise, urmând ca elevii selectați să studieze în Marea Britanie în anul școlar 2021-2022.
Programul de burse este oferit de Headmasters’ and Headmistress’ Conference, o asociație de școli independente din Marea Britanie. Prin participarea la program, elevii se familiarizează atât cu limba engleză, cât și cu sistemul boarding school, prin care tinerii locuiesc și studiază împreună (lista elevilor admiși ca bursieri în anii anteriori).
Perioada de studii petrecută în Marea Britanie este recunoscută de Ministerul Educației și Cercetării Științifice. Parcurgerea unor examene de diferență va fi necesară, în funcție de materiile studiate în Marea Britanie.
Elevii interesați de înscrierea la aceste burse trebuie să îndeplineasca următoarele condiții de eligibilitate:
Elevii pentru care venitul părinților depășește suma de 30.000 de lire în anul 2020 pot aplica pentru o bursa parțială, urmând aceeași procedură de înscriere.
Inainte de a aplica, vă rugăm să citiți cu atenție termenii și condițiile programului de burse și informațiile pentru părinti și elevi
HMC Scholarship – FAQ
A: If you earn a full scholarship you will have to pay:
- An administrative fee of £ 1250 if you hold a European citizen’s passport;
- An administrative fee of £ 700 plus visa and health insurance costs if you do not have a European citizen’s passport;
- Travel expenses to and from the UK.
- The cost of the immigration health surcharge (IHS) required for a Tier 4 visa rises from £300 to £470 per annum from 1st October 2020
In case you win a partial scholarship, you will have to pay:
- Reduced tuition costs – typically between £ 6,000 and £ 8,000 per year;
- Visa and health insurance costs if you do not have a European citizen’s passport;
- Travel expenses to and from the UK.
2. If I have been enrolled in school later/earlier and do not fall within the age limit, is there still a possibility for me?
3. Is there the possibility of attending the last two years of high school with the continuation of musical studies (for example bassoon) on the UK scholarship?
A: The experience of the schools is immersive, those who will be selected go to the respective schools that offer them boarding. They have to be with their colleagues, it’s part of the experience. In addition, it is hard to assume that you will be in the same city as your relative(s), the winning scholar can reach anywhere from London to the Isle of Wight and Edinburgh to Cambridge.
5. How do we complete the income statement for a single-parent/divorced family or if one of the parents died, or in any situation where there aren’t two parents in the family?
A: If you are in one of these situations, the income statement will be filled in with the income of the parent or the legal tutor of the student.
A: After high school, students get A-levels or AS-levels depending on school, enough for admission to an Anglo-Saxon faculty, as A-levels are recognized not only in the UK but also in many other countries. There are also very few schools, about 4-5 out of a hundred that make IB (International Baccalaureate), in which case it is equivalent in Romania. Generally, few students returning to Romania with A-levels have to support the Romanian Baccalaureate, but in most cases, they manage to continue their academic studies at British faculties or other European faculties that recognize those diplomas.
A: We do not impose a theme because we want every essay to be as personal as possible, and the story of each is different. Each success story contains the following things in general: a story of personal development, a very strong argument about how to link the possible future experience in the UK to their present experience, an argument about willingness to learn and flexibility in a new environment.
A: The essay can be written either handwritten or electronic, it’s your choice. In any case, the documents have to be signed by hand, so you will need to print them.
A: The administrative fee must be paid only by students who earn a full scholarship. The deadline for the payment is 1st of July 2021.
12. If the continuation of the second year turns out to be impossible for me, what repercussions does this have?
A: It is not mandatory to stay in the second year, but to get the scholarship will have priority candidates who intend to spend two years in the UK. The Scholarship Agreement is signed by the initial scholarship winners for one year, with the possibility of renewal if both parties agree (student and school).
A: Financial Declaration Form is sent along with the file in stage II of the Selection process.
A: Yes, of course.
A: Program high schools can be found at this link http://www.hmc.org.uk/hmc-schools/map/
A: All documents are completed in English.
A: You do not have to take a difference exam.
A: School assignments will be made by the evaluation committee according to the areas of interest of students and their passions.
If, however, you are applying for a reduced fee scholarship then you can apply to up to four of the schools offering a reduced fee scholarship. In this case you choose which of these schools to apply to. Each school then chooses which applicants it wishes to award a reduced fee scholarship to. It is a competitive process with typically 50 or so students applying for a total of about 25 places.
A: The completion of prestigious schools like the HMC program will surely open the gates of the world’s most famous universities for you.
20. Do the last report card with my subject grades be translated in English by an authorized translator?
A: If the school cannot give you the report written in English, you can translate the document and attach the translation along with a copy of the report in the application file, a legalized translation is not required.
21. If the Principal/Tutor/Class Teacher is also a math or English teacher, will he/she fill in two recommendation letters?
A: In this case, the teacher will complete the Principal/Tutor/Class Teacher recommendation and you can ask another teacher to complete the other form.
For more information, please check the Students FAQ on the HMC website https://www.hmc.org.uk/about-hmc/projects/projects-sub-page-2/student-faqs/
Stai la curent cu toate activitățile noastre
Vrei sa afli din timp de a cursurile noastre precum si de actvitatea desfasurata de asociatie, abonează-te la newsletter si tine aproape